Wednesday, September 21, 2011

So happy!

I've been so busy this past couple of weeks.  I had my first Math test last week which I've been studying my butt off for!  I'm not very good in test situations, my mind goes completely blank.  So I've been trying really hard to get my homework finished on time and to get 100% on all the quizzes at home.  I found out the results yesterday for the test we did.  I got 84% right,  I'm happy with that score, I wish I did better but really that's good for me! So overall my Math so far is 95%!!!! whoop whoop!! I hope I can keep it up!

Today I had my first Sociology test.  I was freaking out as this Math class takes up a lot of my time, I struggle with Math so I can spend hours practicing.  I was stupid and left studying for Sociology until the last minute.  I've had an awful headache the past few days, so reading a text book was hard but it was well worth it.  I feel quietly confident about the test.  The first part was 45 multiple choice questions worth 90 points and then an essay question worth 10.  I felt like the multiple choice questions were easy except for 2 that I was unsure of.  The thing I'm annoyed about was the essay question.  I answered it but if I had given myself more time to study and practice I'm sure I would of written more but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.  In the future I'm going to read the chapter before class and then take notes.  The good thing about Sociology is that I really enjoy the class, I'm finding it so interesting.  I think it helps that I have lived in a few different countries.  Japan is such a contrast to England and America.    Sociology makes me look at the world differently, I'm a people watcher so maybe that's why I'm enjoying it.

I have a lot to work on, its hard going to college and running a house too.  I just want to pick up and shake the kids that stroll into college like they just can't be bothered.  They don't do the homework, never have anything ready for the class and spend most of the lesson texting their friends or falling asleep.  They don't know how lucky they are,  they'll end up like me doing it again when they are older while trying to juggle everything else at the same time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment