Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cutting out meat

We have survived a week without eating meat!!!!  Yipppeeee!!!  I'm not going to lie, its been hard.  I made tacos the other night and it took a lot for me to stop myself from grabbing a spoon and shoving a load of ground beef in my mouth! 

My new obsession is lentils,  did you know one cup of lentils contains 35% of our daily protein requirement?  They are also loaded with fiber, contain important minerals such as iron, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.  Lentils contain a lot of vitamin B which helps maintain a healthy nervous system, lowers bad cholesterol and increases energy levels. One serving of lentils, about one cup, contains only one gram of fat and about 200 calories.  So with this in mind I'm going to try and add lentils to my diet as much a possible!!  Yay for lentils!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment